PURCHASING FIREARMS ONLINE
It is illegal to ship firearms to anyone not holding an active Federal Firearms License (FFL). For that reason, firearms purchased online may be picked up at our store or shipped to an FFL (gun store) near you. We may contact and verify the FFL you select during checkout before we ship your firearm(s). The buyer is encouraged to contact the receiving FFL licensee before purchase.
If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please contact us within 10 business days of purchase and we will evaluate the reason prior to any Return Merchandise Authorization [RMA] is issued. Southern Comfort Protecting Tradition reserves the right to refuse any return on any product which has been installed or used after receipt.
The product must be returned within 10 business days of the issuance of the RMA. All products must be packed in the original packaging, including any accessories, manuals, documentation and registration that shipped with the product. If the item is returned unopened in the original box, we will exchange it, offer you store credit, or offer you a refund, less 25% restocking fee, based on your original method of payment. A 15% open box fee in addition to the 25% restocking fee (totaling 40%) will be assessed on any sealed product that is opened or removed from its original packaging.
Sales on the following items are final:
- ALL FIREARMS SALES ARE FINAL.
- ALL AMMUNITION SALES ARE FINAL.
- NFA items.
- Products sold "as is" or "used" or that have been installed or used after receipt.
- Illumination devices, electronic sights and optics, etc.
- Items because of buyer's remorse.
NOTE: We recommend that you use a carrier that offers shipment tracking for all returns, and either insure your package for safe return or declare the full value of the shipment so that you are protected if the shipment is lost or damaged in transit. If you chose not to use a carrier that offers tracking and insure or declare the full value of the product, you will be responsible for any loss or damage to the product during shipping.
The United States Postal Service (USPS) offers limited tracking capabilities and that there is a 30-calendar-day waiting period before USPS will initiate a trace. The customer is responsible for shipping charges both ways on returns, as well as for shipping charges on shipments that are refused.
Used firearms may not be returned. All sales are final. Description and photos (if available) are provided by the seller.
GENERAL FIREARM SALES
ALL FIREARM SALES ARE FINAL!
Once a firearm is transfered to a customer, Southern Comfort Protecting Tradition, LLC, will not accept returns or exchanges under any circumstances.
We will not ship firearms to a third party to be modified or changed in any way from the manufactured specifications. The firearm in which you purchase must be compliant AS IS from the manufcature before we will ship.
All firearms, magazines, receivers and restricted law enforcement items are sold and shipped in accordance with all existing federal, state and local laws and regulations. Many of the firearms, magazines and parts for sale on this website may be restricted or prohibited in your area. Please check your local and state regulations before ordering.
All new firearms are shipped in the original manufacturer's box, with magazine(s), accessories and applicable warranty. Firearms requiring warranty work must be returned to the factory within 1 year of purchase for repair. Accessories and special order items not normally sold by our store will not be covered under warranty even if these products are part of an integrated firearms package, unless we have guaranteed the entire package in writing. Please contact the original manufacturer for warranty information on all accessories and special order items.
All information collected during the checkout process is transmitted via industry standard Transport Layer Security (TLS). A Transport Layer Security (TLS) Certificate (or SSL Certificate) creates an encrypted connection between a Web site and a visitor's Web browser. This link ensures that all data passed between the Web site and the browser remains private and secure.
All orders are shipped promptly from a distributor warehouse or in-store inventory within 3 - 10 business days using UPS, FedEx, or USPS. Tracking numbers are available for items shipped via UPS and FedEx.
ONLINE PRICE & DESCRIPTION ERRORS
Online inventory changes every day. Occasionally an item may appear on the site by mistake or the item's description may contain a typographical error. We do not guarantee that titles, descriptions, pictures or prices on our site are error-free. We reserve the right to refuse any order including but not limited to orders for items with errors in the description or price. In the event that we cancel an order we will not charge the customer's credit card or we will refund the money.
You must be 21 or older to purchase rifle, shotgun, handgun, or ammunition. Rifles and shotguns may be purchased by a person who is 18 years of age when the person is a law enforcement officer or correctional officer as defined in F.S. 943.10 or as a service member as defined F.S. 250.01. All ammunition will be shipped ground with adult signature required. Always make sure to use the correct ammunition for your specific firearms. Check your local laws for any other regulations.
TRANSFER GUIDELINES AND STORE POLICY
- - If you are a NON-U.S. CITIZEN, per federal law, please bring ALL of your immigration status documents WITH YOU when you come in to complete the paperwork so that we can verify the authenticity of them and make copies. If you are unsure of what to bring, bring it ALL, or contact us during regular business hours for clarification. We will NOT transfer any firearms without these documents. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- - For security reasons and for the safety of everyone, we close promptly at our regular closing times. Please be courteous and arrive at least 15 minutes prior to closing time to start your paperwork when picking up a transfer; no one is allowed in AFTER closing time. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- - We handle a LOT of transfers. With that being said, we do allow our transferees ONE (1) WEEK to pick up their transfers after receiving notice that it's ready for pick up. Any additional time will require prior store consent and/or storage fees. Any items left beyond one month without proper communication, will be designated abandoned and become legal property of Southern Comfort Protecting Tradition, LLC without compensation to transferee.
- - The $10 FFL Transfer fee is due for each firearm/serialized item upon submission of the background check. The fee is due even if the background check is put on "DELAYED" status by the ATF/FDLE. Upon approval of the submitted background check, you will promptly receive a call or an e-mail from us for you to come in to finalize the paperwork and legally take possession of your item.
- - If the background check comes back "DENIED" anytime during the background process, the transferee is still responsible for the transfer fee(s) and the transferee is responsible for the return to the online seller. If there is no resolution of return of firearm after a background denial and/or not picked up after 30 days (with no communication or agreement for extended storage) the item will then be considered ABANDONED and become the legal property of Southern Comfort Protecting Tradition, LLC without compensation to the transferee.
- - We reserve the right to decline service to anyone who does not follow our transfer guidelines and policies and/or exhibits any rude, obnoxious, or condescending attitudes toward our team and other valued guests either on the phone, via e-mail, or in person. If this happens, we will not initiate the transfer, allow the transfer to proceed and/or return the firearm to the sender. SIMPLE RULE: Be Nice.
Thank you so very much for the opportunity to earn your business through this transfer. We handle and process all transfers from a constant sanitized environment, so you will be receiving your purchase in a safe and clean environment and in a very timely manner to go along with the low $10 transfer fee for firearms and $75 tansfer fee for NFA Items. We promise everyone first-class service so, with that being said, we do ask for everyone's cooperation with our guidelines and store policies.